Saturday, January 5, 2008

Not Just Peanutbutterandfluff

Welcome to Not Just Peanutbutterandfluff. A place where you'll find the recipes we're trying for 2008 ~ one of the goals I have for the year. I'll share with you the great ones (and the not so great ones). In addition I have a myriad of family recipes that I'm sure you would love to try.
Some notes about our recipes:
Buddy can not have dairy or soy ~ so for milk I substitute rice milk. I'll warn you sometimes it works, and well sometimes not so much. If a recipe calls for cheese because of his inability to stomach either of the items I make his n*ked. N*ked pizza, chicken nachos, etc. He thinks it's wonderful because there is usually some veggie all over his anyway.
There are many recipes that I have that are family recipes. Yummy things passed down from my grandmother. She had 5 children and so she cooked from scratch a LOT. One of her gifts to her grandchildren was making a family recipe book for all of us. I treasure those recipes (I actually have 2 copies of the book!!). I've even started a recipe book of my own to hand down to my children and grandchildren.
And then there will be those recipes that I've stumbled across on-line that I've found over the years that are just WONDERFUL. Like the EASY cinnamon rolls I found a month ago. Or the Chicken Nacho's I made tonight. There's the bread recipe that I use every week to bake bread for the family. The mocha brownies I made this week for small group (are you drooling yet?) And then the profiteroles that are just oh-so-good with a little hot-fudge drizzled on them. YUMM!

Ok now I'm hungry...time to re-fill the plate with chicken nachos :)

No comments: