Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pesto Chicken & Veggies

This is the January new recipe of the month. I knew that the kids would not be thrilled with Pesto, so they just had chicken & noodles. (Smart mama that I am!)
On a scale of 1-10 Hubby gave this one an 8. He said it needed one more veggie ~ which the original recipe called for but I was out of (sometimes you just have to wing it)

2 sheets foil
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ~ I pounded mine to make them thinner
Pesto seasoning (I used Tastefully Simple)
1 med. zuchinni, sliced
4 red bell pepper rings, 1/4" thick
Salt & pepper to taste (I omitted the salt)

Place one chicken breast half on each sheet of foil. Sprinkle pesto seasoning over chicken (add as much or as little as you like) Arrange veggies beside chicken. Top with any extra pesto as you desire. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Wrap up foil to make a packet leaving room for heat circulation.

Grill on med-high for 10-12 minutes or bake for 20 min or so (Sorry I lost track of time) in 400 degree oven until chicken is done.

Some notes: I used zuchinni that I had sliced and froze earlier in the summer and it was spectacular. It probably would be a little 'crisper' to use fresh zuchinni, but the flavor was still great!

No comments: