Sunday, February 3, 2008

Honey Glazed Carrots

I had copied down a recipe quite similar to this a while back and misplaced it. Well in my pantry were two cans of carrots that never made it into whatever I purchased them for. So I set out to find a way to use them. I whipped this up one evening and it got thumbs up from everyone (D & I didn't get to eat them as this was the night we went Christmas shopping).


3 cups sliced carrots
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine

Directions: Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Add carrots and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 8 to 12 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. (If using canned then you can skip the boiling to make them crisp-tender...just get 'em warm!) Drain carrots; return to saucepan. Stir in honey, butter. Cook and stir over low heat until carrots are glazed.

Some notes: I found this recipe at honey.com

No comments: